Looking for a fun and interactive childbirth and breastfeeding classes? Our classes will keep you awake and excited! We use games, partner and group activities, and short videos to keep the pace of the classes’ fun and upbeat. Classes are structured around your needs and questions! Information presented is evidence-based and resources are always provided.
The Bradley Method emphasizes that birth is a natural process. Mothers are encouraged to trust their body. With adequate preparation and education, most mothers can give birth naturally, without medical interventions. The Bradley Method teaches a healthy diet and exercise throughout pregnancy. Mothers are taught to manage labor with the guidance and support of her partner and relaxation techniques. I make this class fun and interesting with visuals, games and multiple handouts.
Classes are held at Align and Thrive Family Chiropractic in Temecula
Contact Diana Figurski (951)566-6794 for registration information. Private classes available upon request
This is an eclectic class that utilizes a variety of birth philosophies and techniques. Take the fear out of childbirth. Make your “Labor Day” one you look forward to and that brings the two of you closer together as a couple!
• How to mentally and physically prepare for childbirth
• How to care for your body during pregnancy and postpartum
• What childbirth is and what to expect
• A variety of comfort techniques including breathing, visualizations, deep relaxation, affirmations, massage and how to provide the best counter pressure
• Different labor positions- time is provided to practice these!
• How to create your ideal birth environment- even in the hospital!
• Inductions, epidurals, C-sections and other hospital procedures
• Creation of birth goals
Save time and money!! The two topics of breastfeeding and newborn
care overlap so much that it just makes sense to combine the two. This
combo class covers all that you need to be emotionally and physically
prepared for your soon to arrive little one. Learn the techniques and
skills to successfully care and breastfeed your new baby.
Partners, grandparents, and caregivers are encouraged to attend.
Dolls and all the equipment needed to practice your new skills will be
Some topics from the newborn care portion of the class are:
• Newborn procedures done at birth
• Baby essentials- what you do and do not need
• Newborn care such as diapering, dressing, bathing
• How to safely swaddle your little one
• How to soothe and comfort a crying baby
• Tips for sleep- for the parents and baby!
• Ways to make the transition into parenthood easier and more enjoyable
Learn everything you need to know to feel confident about breastfeeding
your little one.
Some breastfeeding topics discussed in the class:
• Benefits of breastfeeding
• What breastfeeding looks like and how to achieve a good latch
• How often and how to know if baby is getting what they need
• How to avoid and overcome common breastfeeding challenges
• Partners will be taught how to be the support system that every mom needs
and how to nurture their relationship with baby and mom
For siblings ages 9+
Calling all big brothers and sisters! Want to know all things baby? Join us for this hands-on class and become pro! Everyone will be amazed by your skills! Learn how to:
• Safely Swaddle
• Support mom in Breastfeeding
• Bottle feeding
• How to soothe a fussy baby
• Safe sleep for the baby
• Dressing the baby
And so much more!
For ages 3-8 years old
With a new baby on the way, there are going to be changes that come to a family! Sometimes that can be a challenge but preparing your children for the arrival will make their new role less scary. We’ll teach some role-playing while making being a big brother or a sister fun and exciting.
Some of the many things they will learn are:
• How to touch their new baby
• How to hold their new baby
• What to expect when their new brother or sister arrives home
• What to do with the new feelings as a big brother or sister
• How to be a good helper
Dolls and blankets are provided for some fun role-playing!